Yesterday I went to a conference that was designed for women entrepreneurs to learn from other women entrepreneurs. It was a terrific event, put on by the Greater Hartford SCORE organization, a volunteer-based national group in which retired executives use the knowledge and skills they gained throughout their careers to mentor small business owners on starting and developing their business.
The panel was filled with five incredible, successful women who enjoyed telling the stories of their businesses, their lives, and all the things they learned along the way. The themes that stood out are important, not only for entrepreneurs, but for all business leaders:
- Have passion for what you are doing and keep working hard at it
- Failure is not an option so look for your real options
- Work-life balance is a myth – we each do the best we can every day, but we’re never going to be everything to everyone; and finally,
- Finding a mentor and being a mentor are two of the most important things in life as in business.
Applying those life lessons
At this point you may be wondering, what does this all have to do with IT Direct or technology? So, let me elaborate:
- Have passion for what you are doing and keep working hard – our passion is technology and using it to help other companies realize their business goals; your passion is your business or organization – helping it improve, grow and develop. Our goals are essentially the same – your success! Learn more about the role of IT in your business here.
- Failure is not an option, so look for your real options – one real option for nearly every business is figuring out a way that technology can help make your job easier, quicker, and more effective. That’s why IT Direct provides every client with a vCIO, a high-level thinker that views your business and your technology, strategically, to make your business more efficient and productive while also proactively looking ahead to see how improvements in technology will improve your business. Find out more about the vCIO role here.
- Work-life balance is a myth – if you’ve somehow got this down…congratulations! But it’s something most of us struggle with regularly. Every little thing that you don’t have to worry about on a daily basis allows you more time for the things that are really important. Our helpdesk is available 24/7 to make sure you are not spending your time waiting for help or fixing things that you don’t need to. Our technicians, systems administrators, and engineers work proactively to ensure the security and stability of your systems, so you can spend your time the way you want to. Discover how our triage (helpdesk) team has helped our clients here.
- Find and be a mentor – One of our company’s core values is having great people that encourage themselves and others to grow and succeed. This holds true within our own business as well as with our clients. Our team learns from our clients so that our clients can learn from our team. We have always found this to be important in developing great, long-term relationships with our clients. Learn more about our team here.
As I was sitting at the SCORE conference, listening to these business owners espouse the important things they’ve learned throughout their careers, I was proud to realize that IT Direct was helping others to achieve these goals.
IT Direct Marketing Coordinator