Our internal Covid-19 Task Force has been working on our internal policies since early last week. For us, they cover some policies regarding going on site to clients, but mostly they cover our own internal/office policies.
Our latest, complete policies document is included below for you to use.
If you haven’t started with your policy document yet, this may be a good place to start. If you have, check through ours to see if you’re missing anything we’ve got.
If you’ve got something you think we’re missing (that would apply to most other companies), please let us know!!
The Covid-19 Task Force has pulled together a list of hot topics that affect our clients and IT Direct’s ability to service our clients while keeping everybody safe, happy and healthy.
- We are working to cancel all unnecessary on-sites for next week (March 16-20)
- Starting March 20th, and every subsequent Friday, we will re-evaluate this position, as needed
- Emergency onsite work will be completed as needed to support critical business needs
- Before any onsite work, we will reach out to check on confirmed cases of the virus in client’s employees or their families. If a confirmed case is reported, we will thoroughly review the situation before deciding on our capability
Please note that we believe we have identified all at-risk members of our team and will not be sending them for onsite support. If you or someone in your family is at-risk, please bubble it up immediately
Regularly Scheduled Meetings
- All client-related meetings will be changed to remote
- Plan on using Teams or our GoToMeeting account
IT Direct Team Internal Policies:
ITD Physical Office
- Anyone with a significant other or other family member (residing in the same home) that is a medical professional in a location where people may come to seek treatment (such as a hospital, primary care, urgent care, etc) is requested to work from home starting immediately and for the next two weeks. This policy will be reviewed weekly thereafter.
- Coming to the office is optional
- In the office, no side-by-side seating, 2 people per pod only, and every other seat for everyone outside a pod in any locations
- Be extra aware of the surfaces multiple people touch on a regular basis and try to sanitize your hands after touching them (ie. after using shared door handles such as the outside and main office doors). Extra points if you wipe down those surfaces with Clorox wipes. These surfaces will be cleaned nightly.
- If you, or anyone in your house, have flu-like symptoms, please stay home and call your doctor. Communicate the doctor’s recommendation/advice to your team leader within 24 hours. Symptoms include but are not limited to fever, sore throat, dry cough, shortness of breath. Unless you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, you and your household must be fever free for 24 hours without medication before returning to work.
Upon notification of illness, ITD will take appropriate internal action. If warranted, email notifications will be sent to all employees.
- Effective immediately, there are no visitors allowed at any of the ITD locations without proper screening and approval.
- As schedules are flexing and teammates are coming in and out of the office, we will be switching ITD door security to ‘always locked’. This will require us all to use our key fob’s anytime we want to enter the 2nd floor office (ie. going to the washrooms, going to lunch, stopping by to pick something up, etc). If you do not have a fob or unsure how to use it, please reach out.
Regularly Scheduled Meetings
- All daily huddles and other essential meetings will be held on Teams rather than in person
- All non-essential internal, face-to-face meetings (including non-critical 1on1’s) are cancelled
If they absolutely cannot be cancelled, consider shortening the time period and sitting 6ft apart
- Teammates should not attend conferences, professional association meetings, or any outside business development gatherings involving more than 20 people. If you are attending a smaller event, please follow the 6ft social distance rule and avoid shaking hands.
- Please use common sense when conducting personal travel.
Please notify HR of your intent to travel for personal reasons out of state, including travel dates. Following travel, you should communicate directly with HR prior to returning to work to indicate if you, or anyone with whom you traveled are experiencing flu like symptoms.
We will continue to monitor all the protocols we have been sending out and as things change, we will send updates around. If you have questions, please reach out.