Who we are:
IT Direct is a Hartford-based Information Technology consulting firm that helps our partners leverage the power of technology to reach their business goals. We develop strong bonds with our clients and maintain a reputation for responsive, high quality, and efficient work.
IT Direct provides its staff with a dynamic, positive, and high energy work environment. We are proud to have been listed, for five years, on the Inc. 5000, a list of the fastest-growing privately held companies in the US. We have also been recognized as one of the Top 40 tech companies in Connecticut and listed as one of the “50 Best Places to Work” nationally, by Inc. Magazine, as well as Hartford Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work in Connecticut”. We know that our success depends on how well we serve our clients, and that this level of service is determined by the quality of people that make up our team. As such we expect, and accept only the best.
What we are looking for:
We currently have an open position for an Account Specialist reporting directly to the Sr. Solution Specialist in our sales team. Responsibilities include:
- Work with our internal team to identify client hardware and software needs
- Identify any missing items from the quotes and follow up thoroughly with the internal team or client.
- Research and source enterprise hardware and software solutions based on client needs
- Based on needs, execute assigned quote requests in quoting system and communicate accordingly
- Maintain sales activities in our PSA software to report out company sales projections compared to goals
- Assist with purchase requests and needs; including new hardware, software and cloud products
- Engage with vendors to complete and follow up on orders
- Build and maintain vendor relationships while conducting business
- Maintain and actively expand product knowledge by studying existing/new products and client needs
- Contribute to creating a successful, repeatable workflow for processing and documenting standards and client specific needs
- Participate in team meetings and take responsibility for sales improvement initiatives and other assigned action items
Who you are:
You are a detail oriented self-starter who takes ownership of your job responsibilities and can communicate effectively with teammates, clients, and vendors. You work best in a bold, results oriented environment. You enjoy organization metrics, analytics, team camaraderie and multitasking, all while working in a fun environment. Requirements for the position are:
- US Citizen and live within a driving commute to West Hartford, CT
- High School diploma or equivalent required, bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working with and managing sales information on a computer
- Ability to review quotes from vendors to confirm accuracy and that they meet initial request and needs
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Product Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Exceptional attention to detail and highly organized
- Comfortable multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Vibrant and willing to contribute to a fun atmosphere
- Experience with ConnectWise and/or QuoteWerks a plus but not required
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Quarterly Bonuses
- Progressive PTO
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/Disability available
- Tax deferred retirement plan with company match
- Career Development and Coaching
- Fun work environment!
If you are interested and would like to hear more, please send your cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit, how you would enhance our culture, plus your current and desired salary.